Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Distance

It's hard dealing with the distance between us. My whole being craves your presence. Your warmth. Your love. We talk all the time, whether it be day or night. But there are times when it is simply not enough. It is not enough to tell you I want to hold you close to me. It is not enough to type out my feelings for you. It is not the same as hearing your voice. Feeling your touch. Seeing you smile. This distance hurts me more than I lead you to believe. I cannot be there to comfort you when you need me. I cannot cry on your shoulder after a bad day. I cannot hold you in my arms until you fall asleep. I cannot kiss you goodnight. Missing you is a pain I cannot describe. I know one day we will be together. In the same city. In the same house. In the same room. Just you and I together. But that day is still too far from now. I am selfish when it comes to you. I crave your presence. I need you. I want to feel your warmth. I want to tell you how much I love you. I want you and nothing more. I do not want this distance between us. But despite the distance... I still love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment